Making the Most of Your Insurance Portfolio
Few people are aware that the life, disability and long term care insurance policies they purchased as recently as five years ago might be unnecessarily costly or lacking critical new benefits due to the availability of a new generation of insurance products. When you purchased your policies, you may have made certain assumptions about policy charges, interest rates, planned premiums, and other issues. But life is constantly changing. The original reason for your purchase may still exist, yet your needs may have changed, requiring more or less coverage. That’s why it’s important to regularly review all of your personal and business insurance coverages.
A Versatile Multi-purpose Planning Tool
Two important aspects of financial planning involve managing risk and transferring wealth to the next generation. In many instances, the tax advantages of life insurance make it a preferred vehicle for purposes such as:
• Providing income replacement for your family and business
• Passing family and business wealth to future generations
• Providing supplemental tax-free income for retirement
• Funding business strategies such as buy-sell agreements and deferred compensation programs
• Charitable giving
Optimizing Your Insurance Investment
Whether you are evaluating existing coverage or are seeking new insurance, Smith-Kastner Wealth Management uses several proprietary processes to:
- Help identify the type of policy that fits your current needs (Life Assurance 360);
- Help you obtain favorable policy pricing (Underwriting Advocacy); and
- Provide on-going policy management to help connect your expectations of promised policy benefits with actual results (The Policy Management Company).